63rd California Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting
The Cooperative of American Physicians (CAP) will be there to provide Professional Liability Insurance Information May 24, 2013 to May 27, 2013
The 63rd California Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting will take place at The Westin St. Francis on Union Square in San Francisco, CA May 24-27, 2013. Visit CAP at Booth H.
Lots of Breast Augmentation Expertise at the meeting, we will have our own event in Modesto, CA for discussing the latest advaces in Breast Augmentation
CAP (Cooperative of American Physicians) is represented in San Francsico at the CSPS meeting!
Professional Liability Insurance vs. “Malpractice Insurance”
- PLI = Professional Liability Insurance
- Also called professional indemnity insurance (PII)
- Also called Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance
- Professional liability insurance takes on different names depending on the profession. In reference to health care, it is sometimes called medical malpractice insurance. For the most part it’s just a choice of terminology.
- CAP provides California Professional Liability Coverage for doctors.
Other Insurance related Terminology
- For a Glossary of some of these professional liability terms, please visit: http://www.capphysicians.com/footer/glossary
- Tail and Nose coverage terms are not in the glossary above so I’ll try to explain that to the best of my ability.
- Tail Coverage = coverage of events that occur while the policy is in force but are reported after the policy terminates.
- Nose Coverage = “prior acts” coverage, transfers the retro-active date for an old policy to a new insurance carrier. Nose coverage eliminates the need to purchase tail coverage from the last carrier.